Some things I am thinking about lately because I am too sleepy to write something coherent:
- We’ve had awesome victory lately with my dad. I think we have a nursing home in Indy near our house that will take him. He will get lots of attention there and more activities than the place he’s in now. I think his current home in Lafayette sees that the handwriting is on the wall for them, because the state of Indiana did an audit in July. They are now rebranding and initiating lots of changes, but too little, too late for us.
- I’m a little sad about that though, because as I’ve mentioned in the past, a lot of the financing for Dad’s move and paying off his medical bills comes from the sale of the old farm. I feel like this scene from Ghostbusters:
Venkman:You’re never gonna regret this, Ray.
Stantz: My parents left me that house, I was born there.
Venkman: You’re not going to lose the house. Everybody has three mortgages these days.
Stantz: But at nineteen percent? You didn’t even bargain with the guy!
Spengler:Ray, for your information, the interest rate alone for the first five years comes to $95,000.
I wish I was buying something cool out of this, like nuclear accelerator backpacks or an Ecto-Containment Unit, but I’m not.
- This post was called “10 incoherent thoughts”, until I realized that I wasn’t awake enough to come up with that many. So, now it’s called “5 incoherent thoughts” (unless I can’t make it that far either).
- I’ve had a couple of inquiries about why I haven’t done some “typical” blog things: cross-promotion, guest posts, giveaways. Those are all great things to think about for the future, but let me re-learn how to do this again, work on getting things to the next level, and then we’ll talk.
- I have $75 to buy my own birthday present. I’m thinking maybe a partial payment for a new laptop, a TV or a PS3. I’ll let you know what is the final decision.
What was the best birthday present you ever received?
Who do you think would be a great fit to do a guest post here?